A Little About Me…
The majority of my personal and work life has revolved around art. My educational background is in Fine Arts and Graphic Design. I survived eight years at a print shop where I learned the ‘hows’ of getting the job done … done right and done fast.
For over 15 years, I’ve been a happy freelancer enjoying the advantages of personal creativity and expression … making decisions about the ‘whys’ and ‘whats.’ I now answer to my clients and have had the good fortune of a wide circle of wonderful ones … local, but mostly long distance.
I LOVE what I do and find great satisfaction in helping others put together art they like, art they relate to … and art that is creatively, intelligently, and strategically effective.
My Educational Background…
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design; Gainesville, FL; University of Florida [UF] Graduated Magna Cum Laude [great honors]; 1982
- Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts; Gainesville, FL; University of Florida [UF] Graduated Summa Cum Laude [highest honors]; 1980
- Marilyn Simpson’s Academy of Fine Art; Ft. Walton Beach, FL; oil, pastel, charcoal, and acrylic still-life and figure painting / sketching
- Life-Long Learning; Winter Park Tech; Orlando, FL
Courses in: Adobe Photoshop I-II-Adv. — Advanced Quark XPress — Adobe Illustrator I-II-Adv. — Microsoft PowerPoint — Internet — HTML — Dreamweaver — FileMaker Pro — Quicken — GraphicConverter
My Work History…
- Freelance Graphic Designer [Print] / Web Designer; Central FL; 1992 to present
- Graphic Designer and Co-Founder; Diversity ArtWorks!; 2004 to present
- Graphic Designer / Pre-Press; Express Printing; Central FL; 1988–1996
- Library Assistant II [Resident Artist / Children’s Department]; Alachua County Library District; Gainesville, FL; 1978–1987
- Recreation Specialist [Arts & Crafts]; U.S. Army Base; Ansbach, West Germany; 1976–1978
- Well-versed in many software programs including: QuarkXPress; Adobe PhotoShop; Adobe ImageReady; Adobe Illustrator; Adobe GoLive; Adobe Acrobat; Adobe InDesign; Microsoft PowerPoint; Microsoft Word; Quicktime Pro; FileMaker Pro; iMovie; HandBrake; Fetch; Transmit
- Well-balanced perfectionist, just shy of obsessive-compulsive, with strong attention to detail and possessing the ability to work well, and calmly, under pressure
- Knowledge of ancillary skills: I know how to spell [and use spell-checker], conjugate, punctuate, and make my verbs play well with their objects and subjects — and if I don’t know it off-hand, I know how to look it up!